• ECDIS Five-day Certification (TMTINS-179), STWC
This course is a 40-hour course on the operational use of ECDIS that meets the demonstrated competencies to maintain safe navigation using ECDIS as required in Table A-II/1 of the STCW Code along with the use of ECDIS and associated navigation positioning systems as required in Table A-II/2 of the STCW.
Our ECDIS certification training meets Model Course 1.27, 2012 edition. This course is a 40-hour course on the operational use of ECDIS that meets the demonstrated competencies to maintain safe navigation using ECDIS as required in Table A-II/1 of the STCW Code along with the use of ECDIS and associated navigation positioning systems as required in Table A-II/2 of the STCW. The course will follow all guidelines for training and assessments in the operational use of ECDIS as described in Table B-I/12, paragraphs 36-66 in STCW. This course satisfies all current USCG requirements for approved ECDIS training at operational and management levels for all vessels having ECDIS.
Our Training Courses:
February 19-23, 2018
March 12-16, 2018
March 19-23, 2018
April 2-6, 2018
April 23-27, 2018
April 30-May 4, 2018
May 14-18, 2018
May 20-24, 2018
June 11-15, 2018
June 18-22, 2018
June 25-29, 2018
July 16-20, 2018
August 6-10, 2018
August 13-17, 2018
September 10-14, 2018
September 24-28, 2018
October 1-5, 2018
October 22-26, 2018
November 5-9, 2018
November 12-16, 2018
December 3-7, 2018
December 10-14, 2018
December 17-21, 2018
ALL COURSES and SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CONTACT TMTI AT 985-873-0031 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful completion of the Course:
- Operate ECDIS equipment.
- Use the navigational functions of ECDIS.
- Select and assess all relevant information and take proper action.
- Acquire and develop a knowledge and understanding of the basic principles governing the safe operation of ECDIS.
- Understand ECDIS data and their presentation.
- Understand system-related limitations and potential dangers.
- Generate and maintain displays.
- Operate all basic navigational functions and all specific functions for route planning and route monitoring.
- Select and use the navigational data and display the data in the appropriate manner.
- Ability to perform loading and updating.
- Recognize and analyze nautical alarms during route planning and route monitoring as well as sensor alarms.
- Assess the impact of the performance limits of sensors on the safe use of ECDIS.
- Understand the importance of a back-up system and its limited performance.
- Assess errors, inaccuracies and ambiguities caused by improper data management.
- Awareness of errors in displayed data, errors of interpretation
- Risk of over-reliance on ECDIS and be able to take proper action. In addition, knowledge of the principal types of electronic chart
- Knowledge legal aspects in the operational use and management of ECDIS.