ARPA (Automated Radar Plotting Aid)
Course is Temporarily Unavailable
Our 5-day ARPA (Automated Radar Plotting Aid) course is a USCG approved course. This course will satisfy the training requirements of the 46 CFR 11.480(d). The following practical assessment performed during this course will be in line NVIC 12-14 Guidelines on Qualifications for Officer In Charge of a Navigational Watch (OICNW) on Vessels of 500 GT or more.
Our Training Courses:
Program: ARPA (Automated Radar Plotting Aid)
Location: 4228 W. Main St, Gray, LA
Phone Number: (985) 873-0031
Entry Requirements: The mariner must have their MMD and a secondary picture ID. (Driver license, state ID, TWIC, Military ID).
- Must have a current Radar Observer Operator Certification of or Radar Endorsement in MMD. Proof required at registration.
- Must speak and read English
- A thorough understudying of radar vector plotting is expected prior to attendance.
Any mariner that successfully completes the ARPA course and presents the course completion certificate to the Coast Guard wi46 CFR 11.3thin one year of course completion date will satisfy the following requirements:
- 46 CFR 11.305(a)93)(vi)
- 46 CFR 11.307(a)(3)(vi)
- 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(xiv)
- 46 CFR 11.311(a)(3)(vii)
- 46 CFR 11.313(a)(3)(viii)
- 46 CFR 11.315(a)(3)(v)
- 46 CFR 11.317(a)(3)(vii)
- 46 CFR 11.319(a)(4)(VIII)
- 46 CFR 11.321(A)(3)(VIII)
- Table A-II/1of the STCW Code
- NVIC 12 – 14 for course approval for all task numbers
This ARPA course is presented to any mariner wishing to obtain an ARPA endorsement to their STCW – 95 certificate as Officer In Charge of a Navigational Watch. This is not a required course for any mariner on a vessel that is not equipped with ARPA.
Topics covered are:
- ARPA Introduction
- Review of Legal Aspects of ARPA including Rules of the Road and manning requirements
- Review and practice of Radar operation and vector plotting
- ARPA Basic Controls
- ARPA Display Settings
- SAR using ARPA/SART
- Miscellaneous Errors and Information regarding ARPA
Practical Exercises demonstrating knowledge, skills, understanding and proficiency
Certificate: ARPA (Automated Radar Plotting Aid)
Maximum Students: 6
Note: Minimum of 6 students registered for this class to occur.
ARPA Course schedule:
Course is temporarily unavailable
ALL COURSES and SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
CONTACT TMTI AT 985-873-0031 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org